It’s human to feel overwhelmed and stressed, sometimes.
But when stress gets out of hand or sticks around for too long, it can end up morphing into burnout.
Burnout is a different story altogether.
Burnout leaves you feeling drained, numb, overwhelmed and on edge. Burnout leaves you at risk of other mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and trauma.
Keen to get on top of burnout or rising stress levels?
We can help. Our Melbourne psychologists are experienced in helping people to understand what triggers stress and burnout in their lives. They can help you to get to know your unique warnings signs and equip you with evidence-based stress management strategies.
We’ll support you to get on top of burnout before it gets on top of you.
What are the signs and symptoms of rising stress and burnout?
Burnout and high stress levels look and feel different for everybody, but usually includes a mix of the following symptoms:
- Withdrawing from other people
- Feeling detached or spaced out
- Not making time for taking care of yourself
- Extending your hours at work
- Becoming snappy or irritable
- Taking lots of sick days
- Pushing down feelings by binge eating, drinking, shopping, gambling or sleeping
- Self-sacrificing (consistently putting other people’s needs ahead of your own)
- Becoming controlling – having difficulty delegating or receiving help from others
- Finding it hard to set boundaries
- Not making time for the fun, playful and spontaneous parts of life
- Feeling overwhelmed by tasks that would normally feel quite minor
- Not knowing where to start
- Giving up
- A racing mind and constant worry
- Difficulties concentrating and focusing
- Feeling restless or nervous
- Difficult winding down or relaxing
- Not enjoying people or activities that you normally enjoy
- Sleep issues
- Appetite changes
- Physical health issues
Explore burnout and stress management in Melbourne
If you’re noticing your stress levels rising or you feel like you’ve moved into the burnout zone, this is a ship you can absolutely turn around.
With many effective tools and strategies to manage stress and burnout, you don’t need to do it alone. We can help you to get back on track.