Inner Melbourne Clinical Psychology is a thriving and progressive private practice. We work hard to create an exceptional working environment for our team – a place where people feel supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
Our Support Team play a special role in our practice. They do an exceptional job of taking care of the needs of our clients and psychologists, while also providing assistance to our Director.
We are looking for a warm, reliable and capable person to join our Support Team three days a week. The successful candidate must be available to work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9am – 5:30pm (with a one hour lunch break), and have availability to work additional shifts when we are busier or other Support Team members are away.
Key responsibilities of our Support Team include:
- Finding the most appropriate psychologist for new clients and setting them up in our client system
- Liaising with existing clients about changes to appointments, waiting lists, Medicare rebates and payments
- General reception, administration and book-keeping tasks
- Assisting our psychologists with administrative and other tasks
- Providing crisis support to clients
- Attending team meetings
We are looking for a person who:
- Is warm, friendly and enjoys connecting with people
- Feels confident providing support to people when they are distressed
- Has excellent attention to detail, time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Is trustworthy, punctual and reliable
- Is a quick learner
- Enjoys and is skilled at working in a fast-paced environment
- Is confident with technology
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has an ability to work independently, but also knows when to balance this with seeking guidance
Applicants will have completed at least three years of study in psychology or counselling, and have a background in reception or administrative support.
The role involves working from home, accessing our email, client software and our internet-based phone software. As such, you need to have access to a confidential, dedicated space and a laptop. It is essential that you have strong and reliable internet (an unlimited internet plan is needed).
Applicants must live in Melbourne and be willing to travel to inner Melbourne locations for training and monthly meetings. There is also an opportunity to work together with the rest of our Support Team one day a week at one of our clinics.
The relevant Award for the role is the Health Professionals and Services Award (2010). The hourly pay rate during training is $28.53 (level 3), plus superannuation and after training is $28.86 (level 4), plus superannuation.
To find out more about Inner Melbourne Clinical Psychology take a look around our website.
Before applying please make sure that you are available to work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and that you are available to work extra shifts every now and again. To apply please send your cover letter and resume to our Support Team Manager, Misti at firstname.lastname@example.org