Important information about COVID-19
For the safety of our clients and team we are providing services via Telehealth. For more information about Telehealth click here.
Currently the following psychologists are also offering face to face sessions (in addition to Telehealth appointments):
Dr Owen Lello
Dr Kate McGregor
Dr Nicolas Kessous
Dr Catherine Hudgson
If you are a current client of any of the above psychologists you will have received detailed information about how the transition to face to face sessions will work. Of course, if you have any questions, our friendly Support Team are here to help. Just email us here.
If your psychologist is not listed above, they are not currently seeing clients face to face. You will be informed via email when they do transition back to face to face sessions.
What we are doing to keep our clients and team safe during COVID-19:
- All psychologists working face to face have completed the Australian Government Department of Health COVID-19 training
- Our spaces are being cleaned regularly and frequently touched surfaces such as door handles will be cleaned with disinfectant wipes
- We will provide hand sanitiser for you to use, although it’s important to note that thorough and frequent hand washing is the most effective way to reduce the spread of COVID-19
- When coming in and out of your appointment, your psychologist will open all doors for you
- For now, we will continue to process all payments through our online credit card system to minimise traffic in our reception areas
- If your psychologist is unwell or has been in contact with someone who is unwell, even if they’re not sure if the symptoms relate to COVID-19, they will move their sessions to Telehealth and will discontinue face to face sessions until they have confirmation of a clear COVID-19 test.
What we need you to do if your session is face to face:
- If you are unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, even if you’re not sure if the symptoms relate to COVID-19, please do not come into the clinic. We can arrange for your appointment to be via Telehealth instead. Please contact the Australian Government Coronavirus helpline on 1800 020 080 for advice about testing and treatment before coming into the clinic again for face to face appointments
- Please do not arrive more than five minutes early to your appointment
- When waiting in our reception areas, maintain a distance of 1.5 metres
- We will continue to be paperless, so please do not bring in paper copies of your Medicare referral or other correspondence for your GP or other health professionals. Please instead email this to the Support Team before your appointment.
If you have questions we haven’t answered, or concerns, reach out to our Support Team here. We’re happy to help.